AA/A Player Intent Form Now Open for 2023-24 Season
DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY INTEREST IN PLAYING 'AA' OR 'A' LEVEL RINGETTE NEXT SEASON?
If so, it is important that you complete an intent form for next season - please read on
In preparation for the upcoming 2023-2024 Ringette season, SRRA has opened the online Player Intent Form to register your child’s intentions for next season.
The information provided by the players helps determine the number of teams and the distribution of teams throughout the Region. It will assist all the associations with advanced, valid information to support their bid to host Provincial Teams. Players/parents need to make sure they fill out the form by the deadline so the Region can make decisions accordingly.
- All Southern Region players intending to try out for any A or AA Provincial level team (U14 and older) are required to complete the online Player Intent Form no later than March 20, 2023.
- Players will not be allowed to participate in any tryout session without having completed the online form. Any player intents submitted after March 20, 2023 will only be accepted with approval from the home Association President or Provincial Representative Convener.
- Players who submit an intent to play A, cannot attend an AA tryout. They will need to get approval to amend their intent.
- Players from outside of the Southern Region who move into our region due to relocation for post-secondary education or other legitimate reasons should register their intent as soon as they make the commitment to move, rather than waiting to physically arrive in the Region. For instance, a player moving into the Region to attend university (i.e. Brock, York, McMaster, etc.) should indicate their intent to play at the A or AA level as soon as they accept their offer of admission, allowing our member associations to include these players in their planning process.
- Any player who is not registered with an association during the 2022-2023 Ringette season must register with their home association before attending tryouts. This is to ensure that the athlete has insurance coverage when on the ice.
- Completing the Player Intent Form does not mean your child is registered for tryouts.
- Tryout information and registration will begin in early April.
- If your child is not interested in playing or trying out for an A or AA team, Richmond Hill Ringette will form B teams or combine players from neighbouring associations to form B teams that may or may not be hosted by RHRA.
February 15 - Player Intent form goes live
March 20 - Player Intent form closes
March 31 - Associations notified of team approvals
April 1 - 10 - Try-out schedules posted on each association’s websites
April 17 - May 7 - 'AA' Try-outs
May 12 - 'AA' teams declared
May 13 - May 31 - 'A' Try-outs
June 5 - 'A' teams declared
If you have any further question please contact firstname.lastname@example.org